Tuesday 18 November 2014

DREAMING IN DOUBLE...

Hello my Lovelies, I'm getting this in with only hours to go, again.
I went to my favorite Challenge to see how many days I had to posts,  squawk, only 7 hours, so I quickly went to my desk to finish my two tags. When Miss Julie Ann posted her tag, which is amazing, as she does, she made it for a Christmas gift,  I thought grrrreat idea.. I was making it for a special Christmas tag and would  have it done. BUT I really wanted one for my wardrobe too.
Which is why I made two of them. 
I search on line for 2 quotes, keeping in mind the letter was U and a quote, I looked up creative quotes and came up with these ones..
This will be a long post, photo heavy and lots of explaining, you had better get a cuppa, or just take a look at the photos and enjoy..
You will have to look at them on the large setting to see what I'm nattering on about. :O).


 I started with a master board for both tags and challenged myself to make them totally different.
The paper was from a 12x12 pad, it was a shiny green with an white embossed diamonds with 4 little tear drops in the corners.
I gave it a few layers of watered gesso, covering all the green and hoping the embossing would still show through, and it did, so happy about that.
I painted it with some beach hut fresco, white watercolor paint and water, I gave it 3 layer of this.
I stamped a fall tree in white paint to make it wintery, that's not a real word, but you get what I mean..
I had a kids stencil with what I thought looked like a snowflake, closest think I have to a snowflake, keeping with the wintery theme. Lightly stamped some lovely script from Paperartys .
I embossed a swirly flower in silver embossing powder, I have 3 tiny jars of it, which I use sparingly and have had for over 12 years..
 
                                       
                                               A close up...

                       
                      This is the two of them done, front and back...



                 
                    This is my keeper, a quote I believe to be SO true...
                     I used some peeled corrugated cardboard to frame it..
       The backing is the back of a card stock pad :)..
             

 I got my friend Sheila to print the quotes out on some watercolor paper I gave her, I cut out the words, edged them with broken china.
The U is a foam letter with lots of thick gesso and rock candy distress glitter. I added thick gesso to the frame.


 I stamped the word and meaning, create, on a  chip board  sweet bird, edged him black soot ink, used a blue flat back jewel for  his eye..



For the topping I used 2 silky ribbons, I do make mine different, so they are able to be hung.



     This is my Christmas tag,  a gift for a special someone...



The large U is a chip board letter I just got from my Friend Pat, she and I went to a craft day at her church, making snowmen, I'll have to post the pics of them soon. Anywho, the letter was perfect for this tag.
I stamped the  lovely square with the word You, and stamped the word sparkle inside..


 This quote is perfect for the receiver, I tore out the words, then edged them in broken china, love them torn out, the edges are lovely. I added some snow on top of the letter and words with glue and fine white glitter..


 I fooled you in the first photo, I had completely forgotten all about this tiny tag, with the word Believe and snowy corners, it is the same on the both sides, when I down loaded the photos, I finally remembered the tiny tag, went back to my desk, added it to the tag and took more photos..


                            For the topping I used 2 fancy  ribbons...

I'm entering these two  here with the Dragons, its always a pleasure and lots of fun to dream along with the wonderfully creative design
team, thanks for always inspiring me to dream...
Oh boy only 3 hours left, I'll be flying around to visit blog land. 
Wishing you all a wonderful creative week, ((( BIG HUGS ))).

                                          NAMASTE!!! 

20 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Totally gorgeous tags both of them, and well done you getting them done just in time!! They are both just lovely!!

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

More wonderful stuff Dianne,stunning use of the colour blue,very dreamy and a beautiful wintery look. You are a very clever magpie :)

Big hugs
Donna xxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wowser!! These tags are fabulous! The cool colours, the amazing stamping, the quotes, your cute little bird - and then the little tag comes along too! U are clever!! Congrats on your win too! Hugs, Chrisx

Redanne said...

I can only echo what others have already said, your tags are fabulous, I love how you transformed the background paper! I love both quotes too, brilliant choices Dianne! Hugs, Anne xx

Glenda said...

Beautiful tags my friend!

Gio said...

So you did it on time, and two!! Well done my dear. Both are lovely, and , oh the quote , is so true! And I apply it to draw too, more draw, more exercise, more better...and of course, never give up if the first attempts are not good, you will improve!

Namaste!

Julie Lee said...

Two amazing tags, Dianne! Once again you made them with such love and creativity! How true that quote is! Isn't it wonderful that creativity is always there for us to tap into and we can inspire each other and create more and more and better and better! I love those blue snowflakes and that lovely silver! Well done for zooming in to land just before the deadline, dear cuz! Thank you for dreaming with the Dragons! xxx

Etsuko said...

Wonderful tags two of them!! Beautiful master board and great quotation. I love them xxx

Words and Pictures said...

So gorgeous, Dianne - there's a really magical frosty feel to these tags. The masterboard is amazing by itself, and I love the blue and silver edged with rustic kraft and rugged corrugated cardboard. Fabulous (and so glad you were in time for the Dragons too!).
Alison xx

Rika said...

beautiful artwork!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I LOVE using masterboard...makes things so much easier! Gorgeous tags! Very elegant and bright!

Candy C said...

Dianne...your master board for your tags is beautiful. I love that the diamonds are barely peeking through from the original paper pattern. Then all of your added layers of watered gesso, paints, embossed images, stenciled "snowflakes", and stamped images are really beautiful. Your two chosen sentiments about "you" are lovely and I really like the finished tags. You do such interesting things with your art...always so imaginative. Thank you so much for your always really positive and happy comments. I SOOO appreciative your thoughts! <3 Candy

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving your Masterboard and the tags are great. Happy crafting, Angela x

Darnell said...

I'm so glad you made it in time for the challenge with these two phenomenal tags, Dianne! I'm swooooning over the colors and the quotes!! Laying each word separately gives the entire quote so much more emphasister!! And the wee tag attached to the larger tag is the cutest idea EVER!! Big Hugs, Darnell

Candy C said...

Hello Dianne!! Me again !! I just had to stop by to say thank you for stopping by my blog. Your comments just make my heart happy! :) Bless you! <3 Candy

Monika/Buzsy said...

It's been a while Dianne. I have just found your blog link... so glad I stumbled upon it again... lovely tag... that blue background with the silver embossing is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Hello Lovely Lady!
Double the loveliness, that is what I say!
The masterboard is a triumph in itself and then to go on and great such stunning tags, amazing.
I do so love that little birdie.
I hope this finds you well and here I am, apologising to you for being so absent these days.
Wishes to you
Lynne

Gio said...

Hello my dear where are thou! have a great Sunday!

Words and Pictures said...

Am hoping all is well - am missing your lovely creations... Thinking of you xxx

XKY France said...

Thank you for such a great post you wrote here and I'm very obliged to write an article here on the benefit of herbal herbs.I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Itua herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Itua heals my breast cancer which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer. , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOT OF LOVE, LOTTERY. ITS CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: Or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ +2348149277967