Saturday 26 July 2014

SCOTTISH ANNIVERSARY CARD...

Hello my Lovelies, it's Saturday, the week has flown by, couldn't get to my desk till yesterday where I quickly made another card for a Lady at swimming, it's going to Scotland for an anniversary.


I started out with a file folder, cut it to make a large card, decorated 2 pattern papers covered them with watered gesso, I made a plaid pattern by watching Miss Gio on you tube, she made it look easy. I made mine a little differently.
I stamped a pocket watch with the word Memories, luckily it matched the sentiment I added from a card, I ask for a photo of them to fit in the vintage frame. Stamped some thistles and added some ribbon around it.

 I used the watered gesso again and stamped the word love, the thistle again in rusty hinge and sequin waste in broken china and mowed lawn, cut out another sentiment...
Thanks for stopping by my nest, I appreciate it SO much..
I've seem to have lost Mo and Jo is hiding somewhere. I was trying to dream with the Dragons all week, it had me all a twitter, until I found a stamp in the bottom of a drawer, waiting to be used, I'll be back when it's done. I'll be flying around visiting as many as I can.
Hope you have a wonderful creative week..   ((( BIG HUGS )))..

                                             NAMASTE!!!

10 comments:

Julie Lee said...

Ooh, I love this Scottish themed card! I must take a look at Gio's video, as I love what she does. Your plaid looks beautiful and those gorgeous thistles! I've always loved them since I was a little girl and they appeared on Christmas short-bread tins. I can't wait to see your Dragons' Dream tag too - your tags are always full of imagination and lovely, lovely colour! They make my day! You asked me to blog some detail shots of my art doll and I have - she's over at Magpieheaven now! Have a lovely week. Julie Ann xxx

Glenda said...

I love this! Great colors you chose to work with!

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely fresh colours capturing the Scottish thistle - what a beautifully thought out card for your friends.
Alison xx

Sue Lelli said...

Wow, Dianne! Those ladies at swimming are keeping you busy making things! LOVE how the plaid turned out! LOVE the pocket watch and how you added the words! FAB card, my friend!

Redanne said...

Wow Dianne, I love the tartan/plaid, it looks amazing and the thistles on the inside are just perfect. This was a very thoughtful card to make for your friend to send to Scotland! Hugs, Anne xx

Gio said...

It's brilliant, Dianne! Love the size, the colours and the little photo on the front. I'm sure your friend appreciated it!

Gio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous Dianne! A perfect card to make it's way to Scotland!! A very clever inside to the card too! Hugs, Chrisx

Kate Yetter said...

Very pretty. The plaid is perfect for a Scottish theme. That framed picture is a lovely personal touch!

Darnell said...

Stunning handmade paper, Dianne! A perfect plaid for them and the inside is priceless!! I'm sure they loved it to pieces and will treasure it always!! Hugs, Darnell