Thursday 11 September 2014

A CARD FOR SOME KITTENS

Hello my Lovelies, a quick little card I was asked to make.
My friend Mildred asked me to make her a card for a friend who was getting 2 new Siamese kittens,  I said of course I would, yikes what was I going to make, I had no idea.
This is what I came up with...


  A  Z card, I used a brown envelope for the base so it would stand up nicely. I had some blue and white card stock, I covered the bottom with Tim's mowed lawn, to make it look like grass and the sky.


My friend Sheila photo copied some cartoon kittens, I fussy cut them out, punch out some butterflies and dragonflies, making it look like the kittens were chasing after them..


 I stamped the sentiment welcome to the family Nutmeg and Jessie Sept. 2014, the writing is a little wonky but it certainly looks home made :O), then stamped I wished for you and love a few times

                             I colored the kittens with Tim's inks

On the back I stamped the butterflies and dragonflies on the scene..

Thanks for stopping by my nest to see my Kitten card, it was actually fun to make and your wonderful comments make my day..
I wanted to remind you Miss Chris here is doing her blog hop tomorrow, please drop by and give her some love..
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, ((( BIG HUGS )))

                                           NAMASTE!!!

12 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous way of making this card! Love the little cartoons and the way you made them chase butterflies - I hope the recipient has as much fun with her kittens and she is sure to love this card! You panicked me a bit as the blog hop is on Monday 15th so hold on till then dear Dianne! Hugs, Chrisx

Glenda said...

Your card is so cute! Love the little kittens chasing the butterflies! The one that receives this one is going to be so happy!

Gio said...

ohmy, this is so sweet! And the kittens looks like stamps. Lovely, fresh and joyful , Dianne, well done!

Edith DUTERTRE said...

hello
je suis désolée de vous sentir en si mauvaise santé
mais avec le temps tout s'arrange
moi c'était il y a 2 ans ::::::
je vous donne les paroles de la petite grenouille
" je connais un arbre qui pendant l'automne entendait ses feuilles tombées
rouge , jaune , orangé , bordeaux
et même doré "

milles bisous
edith (iris)

Redanne said...

Love, love your card Dianne, the little Siamese cats look so sweet - what a perfect card for the purpose! Hugs, Anne xx

Unknown said...

This is wonderful! You are so clever and artistic.

Darnell said...

Oh, you are just the cleverest card artist, Dianne!! This kitten card for the lady with the new kittens is going to just flip her out with happiness!! Excellent job!! Hugs, Darnell

Culinary Traveler said...

How adorable xo

Sue Lelli said...

DARLING and what a sweet reason to make a card! LOVE the scenes you created! Now I want to see a photo of the real kittens!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a wonderful card, great images.

Julie Lee said...

That's such a sweet card Dianne! What lovely names for the kitties too! I think it was very brave of you to create a card on the theme of cats who, as we know, do tend to ruffle our feathers!!! Lovely grass and beautiful sky. It's totally gorgeous! Julie Ann xxx

Anonymous said...

LOVE all things whimsical. This is darling.
xoxo