Sunday 26 January 2014

THE END....

Hello my Lovelies, finally here with the end of my 
Swatch Gelato Journal, my lovely friend Bibiana
 made 3 swatch books of her stenciling technique's, her
blog is on my side bar is you want to have a look,
that's why I'm calling mine a swatch book, showing
all the techniques I used, these are my last pages.
I just have to put it together, I'll post that another day...

Warning this is a long post with lots of pics, sorry..
The page above is the back of the one with all the layers, note to self decorate the back page before adding the layers, I had already gessoed the page, added some netting bookbinding tape, then some fancy swirly tissue paper with gesso on top of all that, are you still with me :O). I rubbed the gelatos with lots of water, blending them.
Stamped on some tissue with those gorgeous swirly flowers with gathered twigs and edged the torn piece, podged it on the page, splotched some Ecoline sepia all over with a fan brush.
 I stamped the corner of the stamp with the sentiment on the watercolor paper I had sprayed with the gelatos, cut them out and  framing the page with them, edged the whole page with gathered twig and Inca gold, close up below..


The back cover I made out of a piece I cut from cardboard, gessoed over it then rubbed the gelatos and water rubbing it in with my fingers.
I splotched the sepia ink with the fan brush, love droplets,
stamped the word on tissue, podged it on..
I sprayed the stencil with the gelatos on the water color paper, cut it out the sentiment again edged everything in mowed lawn, gathered twig and Inca gold..


The inside of the back cover, I gessoed it leaving the edges plain,
I used the golden's paste with some letters, added it thickly below them trying to make long grasses, that didn't work, when I used the gelato's around the frame, cheap cardboard doesn't work, couldn't get any color with the gelato's, so I painted it with bronze metallic acrylic paint..



This is the bird stencil I had used on the other pages, I colored it just rubbing the gelatos on it with my fingers, I tried some water colored paper behind it, that didn't look good, I saw a large feather on my desk and thought he would look kool with real feathers, I love how he looks now..

That my dear Ladies is then end of all my pages, I want to thank everyone for visiting and  all the lovely comments you have been leaving me,  they do mean so much, they make my heart sing and my wings flapping..
Hope you all have a wonderful creative week..
                                      NAMASTE!!!

14 comments:

Redanne said...

This is so beautiful (and I love Bibiana's too), I love your use of the corrugated card and gelatos, the colours are wonderful! Love the little stenciled bird too. Thank you for sharing this beautiful piece of work. Hugs, Anne x

Tonniece said...

Your pages are stunning Di. I really love how all the pages turned out and all the different techniques you used. Can't wait to see them in real life.
TFS
Hugz Tonniece

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh Dianne, I have not visited you for way too long... :0(
This Gelato book of yours is totally amazing!!! LOVE all the pages, (just had a scroll down to look at them all). I am in love with Gelatos, specially over gessoed pages and I completely adore what you have done here. Te covers are wonderful, so many fab techniques and I have to say I love the idea of a swatch book!

Glenda said...

You should be so proud of all the lovely pages you have created! So many wonderful techniques and colors were incorporated. You have really showed off all your talents!

May said...

Fabulous pages... Love the corrugated card... the texture is amazing....Great idea for a swatch book... Hugs May x x x

Diane said...

Wonderful post (and not too many pictures at all!!)...What a terrific book...I have Gelato's but haven't used them in a long while...thanks for inspiring!!!!

Kate Yetter said...

Love the chosen colors!! My favorite! Nice texure. Your book has come together beautifully!

Words and Pictures said...

Never apologise for all these gorgeous photos - it's wonderful seeing the process, and the finished piece, so I wouldn't want any fewer!! Gorgeous colours, fabulous corrugated card - a really really fantastic finale to your journal!!
Alison xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

SUBLIME backgrounds with awesome texture! I love the words you choose on the first one!

trisha too said...

Definitely in my favorite colors range, and all that delicious texture--fabulous!

:)

~*~Patty S said...

who knew corrugated cardboard pieces would make such perfect canvases!
they really do add a wonderful beginning with all of your great layers dear Dianne!
You are tempting me with your Gelato results...I am trying to resist but it is not easy after seeing this...
AND being a visual person I really enjoy lots of photos because they tell a story all in themselves!

oxo

Sue Lelli said...

No, it CAN'T be done! I have enjoyed looking at this so much! OMG the feathers are a Super detail! LOVE LOVE LOVE this swatch book, Dianne!

Unknown said...

Simply stunning and brilliant!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

your swatch book is out of this world
hugs my friend
bibiana