Saturday 16 November 2013

A RETIREMENT CARD....


Hello my Lovelies, had to take a break on the CT.
Dec.11th we will be having a CP at Water fit, one
of the Ladies that works there is retiring, they were
collecting money for her and I offered to make her
a special card they could all sign..
I made it extra large for all the signatures, 10"x 5".
I inked it up with mowed lawn, water drops, and some
sepia dropped on top, stamped it with my favorite vines
in pine needle ink..

Stamped  with my memories stamp in black memento,
edged it with broken twig..

I used black thick paper to make the card, and
added some lovely fine corrugated behind it, and a
friends sign..

Here it is done, I was going to cut the large envelope,
but made another one, will post it tomorrow..


Sorry fuzzy pic, one embellishment, I made a nest with
some rusted threads I kept, with the tiny ribbon behind, I also
ran a strip down the right side, it was a little crooked, tried
to hide it LOL.. 

A flower with 3 crotchet pieces, more rusted thread
and an old button..
I'm also working on a scrap page for a Lady at water fit
who's Mom passed away, she gave me a photo of her.
I'm almost done..
Back to my Christmas tags, I was edging them with tea
dye ink, and thought I should just give them all a tea bath.
I had just finished when my DS Sandy commented on my
post that I should tea dye them, funny we had the same
thought at the same time, isn't life funny like that..
I will post the envelope I made tomorrow..
Thanks so much for visiting my nest, I hope you all have
a wonderful weekend..
NAMASTE !!! 
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Julie Lee said...

This is so lovely, Dianne. I am sure the lady who is retiring will love and treasure it. You seem to spread such happiness with all you do. That fine corrugated card is fabulous. These are just the colours I love: I also adore the distress inks and stamps you have chosen - clocks are great and much loved by my daughter, I wish I had more clock stamps. And a nest on it makes it so special. I often find myself thinking exactly the same thought as someone I'm close to, funny that, isn't it? I can't wait to see that scrap page: I do hope you'll post it! I can just imagine you in your nest, working away on this pretty card with love and
enthusiasm: a true magpie! Julie Ann xxx

May said...

Gorgeous card, the colours & design is Beautiful......Love the amazing crochet flower... I'm sure your friend will treasure this... Hugs May x x

Redanne said...

I do love how you backed it with corrugated card, the greens are very soothing and the crochet flower is the perfect finishing touch to your very beautiful card. Hugs, Anne x

Edith DUTERTRE said...

un très beau souvenir pour cette
personne qui part en retraite
j'aime beaucoup les couleurs
et les montres qui fait dire
que le temps passe
tendresse
edith (iris)

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely love this, Dianne - the colours are wonderful - that bold brilliant Mowed Lawn against the rich bark brown of the corrugated card. Fabulous vines, and clocks. I'm sure this will be treasured.

Hope you're having a lovely Sunday!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

The combination of the most gorgeous textures from the fine corrugated to the ribbon, rusted threads and is that a piece cut from a vintage doily and of course the banner stating the words Friends.
This card speaks of love and care spent creating a very special card, a card that will then contain messages of friendship and love for the lady who is retiring.
Such a gift this is.
Wishes
Lynne

Victoria said...

Dazzling and adorable...wonderful work...I totally love that crocheted flower..it adds that magical touch and specialness!Pure beauty!!Thanks for sharing all of your inspiring works..always a joy to see and take in..a feast for the eyes!
HUgs kindred

Tonniece said...

I'm sure she will love it Di. It turned out beautifully.
Hugz Tonniee

Gio said...

Oh, such a lovely colours, Dianne.
Gorgeous little details,especially the chrochet flowers!

Darnell said...

Okay, a break on the tags while they are steeping in tea is fine for this outstanding creation! I'm blown away and I imagine she will be, too!! Excellent, Dianne! (I did giggle though as I got a whole different visual of you making a card onto which you REALLY applied mowed lawn, water drops, and pine needles! That's what our ancestors did!! LOL!)
Hugs, Darnell

Kate Yetter said...

So pretty, Dianne. I love the green background with the drips and swirls. It is a fabulous piece.
Kate

Sue Lelli said...

Did she cry when you gave this to her?!!! Just Gorgeous and the colors are STUNNING, Love the crocheted stacked flower, too!