Friday 22 November 2013

EASY CHRISTMAS CARDS...


Hello my lovelies, just a few quick cards I made for
the Ladies at water fit, I can give them out at the party.
My DS Sandy gave me some blank embossed cards,
They were perfect for the base of any card, thanks Sandy.
I used some cotton candy gelato to give it a bit of depth.
I just applied it with my finger and rubbed over the
raised parts  lightly..

The Christmas music sheets,I showed Wed.
 I also stamped a deer twice, kind of a reindeer,
with broken twig and edged it with it, added some
glue and crystal sparkle, it's everywhere now, it was
making me all googly eyed :O)..

Tore some old book pages in strips, gessoed them lightly,
stamped my greeting on top, edged them with broken twig..

These little squares were attached to some small clothes pegs.
to hang cards, I took them off, sanded the edges, inked them
with broken twig, can you tell it's one of my favorites :)...

All put together, easy peasy, a close up below...

Thanks so much for visiting my nest, I wish you all a
wonderful creative weekend....
NAMASTE!!!!
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are so pretty

Julie Lee said...

Ooh! I love these, they are so festive they are making me feel quite festive too! And they are simple to make too - clever, clever you to transform simple embossed cards into something so warm and cheery with Magpie scraps. I love the little leaping reindeer! They remind me of the lovely carol 'The Holly and the Ivy' - the part that says 'The Rising of the Sun and the Running of the Deer'! My nest is going to be filled up with reindeer soon because I love them so! Can you imagine, reindeer, magpies, cats and lots and lots of bling all in one nest!!! Hugs and chuckles Julie Ann xxx

Anonymous said...

Positively festive and I spy with my little eyes my favourites such as the sheet music and book pages, where would we be without such found treasures in our crafting lives!
Fabulous cards.
Wishes
Lynne

GrĂ¡inne said...

They look great! Very lovely idea, thanks so much for sharing. Suzanne x

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these cards! The sheet music and the book pages and the little squares are just so Fantastic! I sure hope one of these is coming my way! LOVE these, Dianne!

Terry said...

Such a nice grouping of Christmas cards and so festive and lovely! Great idea to start a little assembly line! Love these!

Annie said...

Love your makes Dianne :-) very festive

TFS Annie x

Diane said...

Very pretty, you certainly have been creative...love these!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such beautiful beautiful creations for the festive season Dianne. Love how the music sheet looks
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

Darnell said...

These turned out even more amazing than I had imagined! What an artist you are, Dianne! You should be on a million Design Teams!! Each step of the process, from even the simple, but beautiful, embossed card, to the finish, would have been good enough to stop. But, no, you kept adding more happiness with each new layer! I'm in awe and I'm sure your friends at water fit will be, too!! Hugs, Darnell

Kate Yetter said...

Hi Dianne, your cards are beautiful. O love all the inky goodness on your music paper and the layered square. How fun that you were able to make a lot at once. I love multi tasking. Happy weekend.
Kate

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Fun and festive! Love the designs! That Santa is precious!