Tuesday 19 November 2013

SCRAP PAGE CANVAS..


Hello my lovelies almost forgot to post this, a lovely
Lady from water fit lost her mother  in Sept, she showed
me the card from the funeral home so I asked if I could
keep it and make something with it, so this is what I came
up with..
I colored the canvas with my gelato's first time using them
I colored it then spritz it with water, then inked some sequine
waste..

I podged the photo under the doilies  cut it a bit to fit.
the heart theme  is beginning :)..  

Here it is finished..

Red and blue were her favorite colors so that's why these colors.
I folded some torn paper to form a fan inked the blue with red
and red with blue, added some flowers I made,  a blue heart
 that was a  earring, the triangle with the flower also an earring..


Her Mom was a woman of strong faith, and loved her family
a lot so I went with Love, Mom, and crosses one made of hearts,
hearts everywhere. My friend loved it, I was going to hang it
but she want to get a shadow box for it, and that's it..
I did enjoy creating it for her and was glad she liked it..
Thanks so much for visiting my nest and I hope you all have
a wonderful creative week.
NAMASTE...
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Kate Yetter said...

Its a lovely canvas! The fans and gorgeous paper...a fabulous tribute to your friends mother.
Kate

May said...

Gorgeous canvas... What a beautiful tribute to your friend's wonderful Mother I'm sure this will be treasured... Beautiful design... Hugs May x x x

Julie Lee said...

Dianne, I am so moved by your lovely tribute to this lady's mother. Her photo shows such a beautiful radiant face and you have framed it with love. The fan is gorgeous! I remember your love of fans. I wish some day you could come and visit my nest and I could take you to my favourite museum of fans! You'd be in Magpie Paradise then! The flowers are so beautifully placed and the colours are lovely. This is such a wonderful way for a friend to remember her dear mum. You have created an heirloom. Julie Ann xxx

Gio said...

This one truly comes from your heart, Dianne! No more words...

Sue Lelli said...

How could she NOT LOVE this Beautiful tribute! So many Special details like the colors and the doilies and the hearts and the cross! GORGEOUS my friend!

Victoria said...

So beautiful my friend..gorgeous work..this is really special and deeply meaningful! She looks like a wonderful lady..what a powerful tribute !So fantastic to see the creative process too..shine on!!
Hugs and blessings..wishing you a wonderful evening and magical wkd ahead!
Victoria

Darnell said...

What a thoughtful and caring woman you are, Dianne! It really shows in this beautiful and personal tribute you made for your friend to remember her mother. A shadow box is just the thing to keep it safe and treasured for generations to come! Hugs, Darnell

Construction Cleaning Bloomington said...

Nice blog thanks for possting