Friday 28 June 2013

BD TAG FOR MY SISTER..


 I got home from swimming and sat at my desk to finish this tag, I finished
by 9 shesh lots of work here :O)..
I used some inked watercolor for the base.
Added her name in sticky letters.
Added my hummingbirds

The knot I got from Bibiana
http://stampingwithbibiana.blogspot.ca/
She creates the most beautiful 3D and other fabulous thing
 like this knot in a video..
added some cheese cloth behind

I cut up a doily from my friend Tonniece, I thought  it gave it a nautical feel like a porthole.
I used some coloured tissue then glazed it with clear nail polish.

I looked at a lot of images of docks and this is what I came up with.
I used cut up chopsticks and a twig and twine, I gessoed and inked
with the shabby shutters

More of the lovely paper  added my hummingbirds used some metallic
 gelatos added the name of her cottage which is what I call it :O)
with sticky letters

Oh boy my friend had got me some seam binding to dye for  my tags
but it wasn't the kind everyone else uses, it was a pain, it took the ink
but I had to iron the fold lines out and crinkle it a few times to get it to
make it look okay then added some twine I'm not happy how it looks.
Sorry blogger just does what it wants to  and posted it backwards
sheeesh...
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Julie Lee said...

This is a lovely birthday tag. You are a super artist, Dianne. I love the knot and the doily porthole and , of course, the dear little humming bird. It sounds like you put such a lot of work into it. I think the seam binding looks nice, but it obviously didn't want to behave - what a shame you had to do all that, but you got there in the end, I think!

Words and Pictures said...

Love this, Dianne - and I'm sure your sister will too. The knot is beautiful, and I love your driftwood dock. The vivid green with the hummingbird hovering over it is so beautiful - lovely work!
Alison x

earthen-magic said...

...(O:

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the nautical feel to this! That knot is so FABULOUS and I Love the porthole and the hummingbird of course!

Patty Sue 2 said...

What a lovely gift. I love the hummingbirds and you have far too much ambition after swimming!

Rita Barakat said...

Love all the textures and rich colors!She will love this! What a wonderful and thoughtful gift!

Anonymous said...

Your sister is so lucky to have a sister such as yourself creating the most beautiful art for her.
That knot is a gorgeous addition.
Wishes
Lynne

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty! Love the chopsticks, twigs, and twines! They give great texture to your tag!

Kate Yetter said...

this is a gorgeous tag. I love the birds, chopsticks and that lovely green sets the whole thing off.

Tonniece said...

OMG Di, this is so Gorgeous. LOVE,LOVE, LOVE IT and so will she.
Hugz Tonniece

Terry said...

I bet your sister just adores her stunning tag! Love the driftwood embellishment! Gorgeous!!!