Thursday 20 June 2013

HAT MAKEOVER


This is the before, I took off the things on there:O)
This isn't my hat, a lovely Lady at water fit,( I go 4 times a week)
sits outside as we wait for our ride, when she first asked me to go
out with her, I told her are you crazy LOL, me sit in the sun, yuck NEVER.
So the next day she brought me a hat so I could sit out there with her,
great,,, so out I go with this, dare I say funny looking hat and SIT in
that darn sun, that was a few weeks ago. It was an old hat and the
rim was falling apart the flowers and netting was coming loose,
okay I'm laughing now too. Today she, brings it in her walker and
handed it to me saying its really coming apart, "yes", I said, "well do
you think you could fix it", I thought, having to sew it would be the way.
Sewing a nightmare for me, the hand stuff is the worst, so I said
"of course, I'll take it home and do something with it".
Since I was the one wearing it I thought I'd make it more ME :O).
I took it all apart and looked around, and saw my rust ummm..
Plugged the glue gun in and put some rusted braided ribbon
around the brim,
I sewed and gathered rusted lace to put behind
 a flower I made out of coffee filters,
Trailed a few rusted crocheted circles,
glued some buttons for the middle.
Now it's ME :):):).
New hat below with a few close ups, I've been waiting
to use the rust, love it.
Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful creative day.
I off to water fit...
NAMASTE!!!!
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

Terry said...

Dianne, adorable hat makeover! I love the grungy flower that replaced the before bundle of "falling apart" bouquet! What a great story! Hugs!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Aren't you a sweet friend! Marvelous makeover...from "frumpy" to "stylin'"! hugs

ria gall said...

Hi Dianne
I have to say that what you have done with the hat is oh so much better than how it was, great job
have a great WOYWW and enjoy the rest of your week
Ria #47

Julie Lee said...

This hat is now so chic! I love the colours and the whole look you've got going on there! Fabulous! Julie Ann xxx

Mary J said...

So gorgeous Dianne! You are so imaginative!

Sue Lelli said...

Nothing is safe around you ~ and that's a GOOD thing! LOVE your flowers! It's so modern and updated now!

Shelby said...

Wow that was one hell of a hat, but I love what you've done with it and it is now something you want to show off in public!!

Shelby

Jenn Bedient said...

Wowza! Love the new look! Fantastic job, my friend!

Edith DUTERTRE said...

hello
cela va être le moment de mettre
ce beau chapeau
très beau
et très belles harmonies dans les
couleurs
tendresse
edith

earthen-magic said...

...(O:

Gio said...

May I say, now it's a beautiful hat!
Lovely makeover , Dianne.

Diane said...

OH yeah, I like "your" hat much better..it is "me"...too...the rustic look, yep, that's me!!

Words and Pictures said...

Love your subtle makeover - now you can really enjoy sitting out in that beautiful hat!
Alison x

Victoria said...

Wowness..your hat is brilliant..magical and beautiful! Stunning! awww...I know how you feel. the sun is quite powerful, I was born with a sun allergy, no fun, so big hats are a part of my wardrobe ha ha!!Enjoy!!Now all you need is a fancy parasol to match that gorgeous hat!
HUgs

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great friend you are! So sweet! This hat looks so pretty now with the beautiful flowers.

Kelly Griglione said...

Loved your post, but I have to say there is one thing missing from your beautiful hat ... YOU! We'd love to see it modeled on you : )

That coffee filter flower is wonderful!

Tonniece said...

The story is a great as the makeover.
Hugz Tonniece

Anonymous said...

She's one lucky gal running into you. :) LOVE the makeover to one very special hat.
xoxo